Okay, so I haven’t QUITE won a Brit, yet. Anything is possible so hey, I’m not ruling it out. What I have won however, is my first ever Award for my blog! It’s called the Shine ON Award and it’s basically a virtuous love of all blogs!
It’s incredibly humbling to be awarded it as I’ve been blogging for a couple of years but on and off for the past year. Don’t worry all, I’m back for good as I missed it so very dearly and now that my time management skills are improving, I’m here!
So thank you to the awesome Marta Mendes of Mimosas and Fashion, she has become a great virtual friend over the past couple of months and girly, I cannot wait to meet you soon! To continue this beautiful sharing of love, I am going to share with you 7 things you didn’t know about me:
– I quite like the taste of sea salt, to the point where I think I’m a bit obsessed with Maldon sea salt flakes. There I’ve said it. Don’t mock me, just try and eat one flake…
– A Beautiful Mind – is one of my all time favourite films, the sound track is mind blowing and Russell Crowe is exceptional in this.
– When I was little I wanted to be an architect. True story, I used to love sketching ideas for temple designs and actually did my entire Art A-Level on temple architecture. I realised I just loved looking at pretty buildings as opposed to actually designing them.
– I love cool lighting. This is true, I have a really big crush on epic lighting, not traffic lights but fancy shades, lights that change according to your mood etc. You name it, I love it. If anyone remembers the Millenium Dome back when it wasn’t the 02, there used to a mood room in there, I LOVED that room. *sigh* I miss that place!
– I’m beginning to like cats. This is weird for me. I never was much of a pet lover besides my fish, I was always too scared. I’m still a little weary with four legged creatures but I have to say, I’m liking cats when they aren’t looking at you with the ‘I’mgoingtoscratchyoureyesout’ look.
– I love candles – particularly Yankee but I’m not that fussy. I just love the warmth, the light, the scents… everything about a candle is fun!
– Baby clothes. I absolutely love buying clothes for little babies. With a couple of friends recently having given birth and some about to, I guess this can only be a good thing!
There you go, my seven random facts and along with this, I now nominate 7 bloggers to keep shining their light and they are:
Now all that’s left to say, is that if you would like to accept and forward the award on the ‘Shine On’ Award rules are :
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the ‘Shine On’ Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
That’s it. I’ve nominated many of the blogs that I follow and love, they make me laugh, they inspire me and they make me want to continue this blogging journey.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this, if so, why not subscribe to get my awesomeness to your email!