I used to be the epitome of how not to be. Or so I thought until I realised that there really is no right or wrong and that I actually didn’t have the self belief that I could be a catch! Yes I said it!
So anyway, after Valentine’s Day, I thought now would be the perfect time for a post like this.
1) Chivalry – I had thought (until I met Mr H2B) that chivalry had died right about the time Facebook came about and suddenly some men thought it was perfectly normally to post every single sexist viral joke on the planet on their wall, without paying any thought to the fact that one day their potential partner could be reading it and then clicking ‘unfriend’. However, on our first date, H2B was so courteous and since then, more than a year in and he’s still the same.
2) Respect – This goes hand in hand with the above. The amount of times, we humans get deluded by our feelings that we think we have respect when really we’re just lying to ourselves. I knew mine wasn’t an illusion, the minute he met my parents. My dad liked him before we were even together so I guess that helps.
3) Honesty – I’m not explaining this one, it’s common sense.
4) Humour- When I’ve been strung out with too many to do lists for the wedding, the one person other than my mum, who has managed to make me laugh in hysterics or merely crack a smile after a rotten day has been the H2B. It’s not just the stomach lining that makes our hearts heal, it’s those laugh-out-loud moments too.
5) Sensitivity – All these guys nowadays talking about women so objectively via all sorts of media- from musicians through to every day school kids, again made me think that a guy who genuinely cares without an ulterior motive was actually non existent. Ladies (or men) there are men out there who are sensitive without being so emotional that they need a permanent box of Kleenex by their eyes so the tears continue to be soaked up by the ultra strong tissues.
6) Cooking – Yes, I found out yesterday for the first time, that my future husband can actually cook! I will be using this new found skill on him when married life sets in! (See picture to your left for a sneak peak at his romantic side)
7) Love – I’ve asked myself this question before, how do you know you’re in- love? Well I actually don’t know the answer to this one, but if you’re asking the question you pretty much know you’re there if not getting there and that’s one way to know you’ve struck gold!
8) Consistency – He’s always consistent, if he says he’s going to do something he does, and if he says he isn’t, he actually surprise surprise doesn’t.
9) Has an Aura – I don’t know how to explain this one, but I felt it when I met H2B for the first time. He has this aura… I deem it to be spiritual, but it wasn’t a ‘I fancy you’ aura, it was actually like there was something very enchanting in a non witch like way.
10) Listening Skills – I’m sure anyone and everyone who knows me knows that for a guy to be remotely in with a chance when it comes to me is that he needs to listen. My one actually told me he’s read my blog! In all seriousness though, listening is key and I love the fact that we both actually do listen to each other. (eventually)
What do you think? Leave your comments below!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-46769155-1’, ‘wordpress.com’);